The Beatitudes Christian Wallpapers
Beatitudes Christian Wallpapers – The word Beatitude comes from the Latin beatus, meaning blessed. The beatitudes are profound teachings from Jesus found in the Bible. These teachings were very counter-cultural in the days of Jesus and are the same to this day, but in the economy of God, the characteristics shown by the people he described are beneficiaries of God’s richest blessings.
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. – Matthew 5:3-10
1. Poor in Spirit: A deep recognition of one’s total depravity and emptiness without God. This person totally recognizes how unworthy they are of God’s Grace.
2. Those who Mourn: A person who recognize his/her sinful condition and mourns over it, this person is repentant and because of this, turns to the grace of God for forgiveness.
3. The Meek: This person recognizes the awesome power of God and are humbled at who He is and what he has done, they do not put confidence in themselves, they place total confidence in God.
4. Hunger and Thirst for Righteousness: This person has a hunger for the things of God, his/her appetite for the things of God never fades away and they always desire to see the will of God displayed in their lives.
5. The Merciful: This person realizes that God expects us to be merciful towards others and they practice the act of forgiveness, even to those who do not deserve it.
6. The pure in Heart: This person recognizes that he/she has an impure heart and is completely surrendered to Jesus and His ability to transform. These people are free from evil desires and live a transformed life through the power of Jesus.
7. The Peacemakers: These people have a never-ending love for mankind and the creation of God and strive daily to encourage peace among their neighbors. These people recognize that true peace comes from the result of Jesusâ€™ death on the cross.
8. Persecuted for righteousness: These people are persecuted not because of the wicked things they have done, but quite the opposite, they suffer because they believe in Christ, the Bible, and the Church.
The Christian life is rejected by men with evil hearts and suffering comes as a result of our belief in Christ. Jesus exalts those who go through such suffering and He tells of a great blessing that awaits such people in heaven.
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. Mathew 5:11-12
John MacArthur takes a look at the Beatitudes on John MacArthur. Here is one of the sermons.
The whole series is available at www.gty.org
Â The Beatitudes Christian Wallpapers Bundle
Beatitudes Christian Wallpapers by INSPIKS are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.